wortundtat helps over 250,000 people in need on three continents
The Christian aid organisation wortundtat has been helping people in need for over 40 years – meanwhile, their number has grown to about 250,000 people in India, Tanzania, Moldova, Greece and Germany. The organisation was founded by Dr. Heinz-Horst Deichmann. Since his passing away, his son Heinrich Deichmann and his family have been continuing the work as it was originally intended – true to the motto: “God loves the people. We show it to them – in word and deed!”
The name wortundtat stands for mission and promise:
- wortundtat brings practical help for living and surviving, in particular to people, who are hardly reached by other support. In many cases, our helpers visit them to make them aware of what is on offer and how they may access it. Of course, quick successes are always welcome. However, if and when the need arises, wortundtat demonstrates a lot of stamina.
- wortundtat shows appreciation to the poor, gives them the opportunity to hear of the Christian message, and if they wish, helps them to learn about the meaning of the Bible and its contents. In doing so, the helpers combine their activities in the areas of social issues, health and education with speeches about God’s love and the peace offering, which Jesus Christ makes to all people. All practical support is provided independent of the ideological worldview of those who need it.
Wortundtat supports help for Self help
Our organisation does not send any Europeans to the developing regions, but works closely with local partners, who they put in charge of implementing the projects. wortundtat trusts that local helpers understand the worries of the poor and that they are able to react to their hardships in an appropriate manner.
wortundtat is on hand to support partners with ideas and know-how.
Teams based in Germany regard themselves above all as advisers and companions of the partner organisations. They give suggestions concerning possible aid and accompany the development of projects.
wortundtat deals responsibly with donations and other funds.
wortundtat’s commitment is also made possible by a large number of donors, who can rely on the fact that their donations will reach those who need them in their entirety. Further information as to how donations are managed and used is available under Transparency.
Over the years, all principles have proven to be successful. Hence, experts for development assistance time and again have described wortundtat’s approach as exemplary.
- 1977: Dr. Heinz-Horst Deichmann establishes the Christian Aid Organisation wortundtat as the German partner organisation of AMG India.
- ca. 1980: Cooperation starts with the partner Hellenic Ministries in Greece.
- 1996: wortundtat and its partner KIUMA start work in Tanzania.
- 2006: wortundtat supports the diaconal facility of its partner Gloria in Moldova.
- 2009: wortundtat and its partner Star in the North take up work in Dortmund’s Nordstadt.