India’s children need special protection
Children are naturally the weakest link of a society and require special protection. There is hardly another country in the world, were the prospects for children are so poor. Out of 100 children born in India
- 65 do not exist officially, as they do not have a birth certificate,
- Six to seven will not live to celebrate their first birthday,
- Only every second child will be vaccinated against dangerous childhood diseases,
- Five will die from the causes of malnutrition,
- Only 25 will successfully complete their primary school education.
(Source: UNICEF, 2015)
wortundtat is in particular involved in helping children from castes in India, which are held in the lowest esteem.